OK, I'll admit it. I gave up on weeding after a while and focused exclusively on the puzzle of fitting books into my book cases. I finished this morning. And I still have room!
Russell has accused me of gloating (he's not Russell isn't quite as far along, primarily because he's so resistant to doing additional weeding), but I'm just so pleased with myself for managing to fit everything in. It has occurred to me to raid the outgoing book boxes, but I think that might set a bad precedent so I will hold off for now.
There's no organizational scheme for my book cases as placement was based on size more than anything else (even series books aren't housed together unless if their dimensions vary). I'm going to have to spend some quality time updating my book collection on LibraryThing with location information for individual titles so that I'll be able to find books when I want to read them. I'm quite sure I'll end up weeding some more while I'm doing that.
So, without further ado, here are my book cases:
And, Russell's, which as I mentioned before are still works in progress:
I just finished the last of our book-only shelves (we have a couple of small bookcases with filled with video games and movies; CDs live elsewhere). It was to be for knitting books and paraphernalia, but it adopted first the cookbooks and then the majority of the religious books (Russell's shelves have a bit more free space than in the photos because I took those books off him) so now it is completely full. (photo later)