Friday, May 27, 2011

follow friday question

My second week for this meme.

How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?

I don't have a hard and fast answer to the number of books I typically read in a week. I can read a book a day, but there are times when I might only finish one book during the course of a week.

At the moment it seems like I'm doing most of my reading on my Nook, though the majority of the books (the ones I'm reading just a little bit at a time) I have in progress are physical books. While I do listen to audiobooks, I don't have one going right now.

If you are visiting this blog for the first time, welcome! This is Karen. I'm a librarian and archivist and I've been writing this blog since 2006. Some of my favorite books are All We Know of Love (schneider), The Book of Laughter and Forgetting (kundera), The God of Small Things (roy), The Handmaid's Tale (atwood), Pride and Prejudice (austen), The Storyteller (vargas llosa), and Zahrah the Windseeker (okorafor-mbachu).

Here are my posts since last Follow Friday last week:Any questions? Feel free to ask.

15 comments:

  1. Seeing a lot of different answers this week! I can average around 4 a week myself, but only because I'm unemployed and job hunting. So in the meantime I just read!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I like yours too, and love The Goddess Test.

    Amy@adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a nice book blogger question. My answer will probably embarrass me in comparison with my peers!

    Follow me back to my blog at prepare to be stunned – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday with a long weekend ahead. Everyone enjoy!

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. No nook for moi :S I love the real thing ;)
    http://readawaytheday.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by today :)

    I've never actually read through an audiobook. I should try that out to see how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Keren, just stopping by on the follow & hop! Great site!
    I have issues with books made into movies!
    Come see why!
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey thanks for stopping by my blog and showing some love. I love the vibe of your blog, I am following you back. I wish I could read a book a day, you're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the visits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It also depends on if there is time to finish a book or not. :)

    You have a Nook? That's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm kind of the same. It really depends on my week. On a slow week for other stuff I can get a lot of reading done, but if I'm too distracted then it drastically decreases.

    Nook! Ick..I'm a Kindle girl myself. ;) lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog hop/follow friday as well!

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen! My first time visiting your blog, thanks for visiting me and following my blog - I'm following yours now, too. Wow, blogging since 2006, that's amazing. I've started so many blogs over the years and abandoned them, this is the first blog I've really stuck with and am enjoying immensely - could be because there are so many awesome bloggers out there now, especially book bloggers. Great to 'meet' you, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen. Thanks for following me! I'm following back. We love some of the same books. The prose in The God of Small Things was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen. Thanks for following me! I'm following back. We love some of the same books. The prose in The God of Small Things was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree it is hard to nail down a number of books each week. Thank you for coming by my FF and for following! I am now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower stopping by. Wish I could read a book in a day but I usually only finish two in a week.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete