Tuesday, August 15, 2006

wishlist fodder

Yesterday the longlist for the 2006 Man Booker Prize was announced. Check here for the press release (you'll have to scroll down).
The only one of these I've read so far is Kiran Desai's Inheritance of Loss.

These are the ones that are definitely going on my wishlist:
Be Near Me by Andrew O'Hagan
The Emperor’s Children by Claire Messud
In the Country of Men by Hisham Matar
The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
The Perfect Man by Naeem Murr
The Ruby in her Navel by Barry Unsworth
The Testament of Gideon Mack by James Robertson

I was planning a post entitled "wishlist fodder" even before the longlist was announced yesterday. The timing was just a happy coincidence. :)

Here are the books I added to my wishlist after the historical fiction swap:
The Gilded Chamber by Rebecca Kohn
The Ruby Ring by Diane Haeger
Sacred Hunger by Barry Unsworth
The Serpent in the Garden by Janet Gleeson
The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sundaresan

4 comments:

  1. The Twentieth Wife is one of my all time favourite books. I know you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my most wanted book in the swap...
    but it was stolen away from me *cry*

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*
    If I only knew that ... I had a chance to take it out of game ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely no worries, zzz!

    I'm sure I'll get a copy sometime and it's not like I'm not swimming in TBR as it is... :D

    ReplyDelete