Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday treat

Every Friday archivist and photographer Sonny Carter sends "Friday Flowers" to the Archives Listserv, a special treat for all of us on Fridays.

Today, I thought I'd give you all a special treat:


"The Cat in the Library" © 2004 Marcio Melo

I stumbled across artist Marcio Melo's website one day while doing a web search. I liked his work so much that I sent him and email telling him so and suggesting that he consider designing a bookplate label for BookCrossing.

The best part of the email correspondence was that he gave me permission to post an image as long as I gave him credit.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I write edgier stuff; I'd love for him to do some art for me. Does he take personal commissions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so. I remember seeing something on his website about him doing cover art for a CD.

    ReplyDelete