Wednesday, August 23, 2006

book clubbing this August

I just got back from my book club meeting. Our August book club selection was The Last Fine Time by Verlyn Klinkenborg.

I have to say that I really didn't care for this book. It wasn't at all what I expected and I grew tired of the author's long-winded tangents. I wanted to read about the family and it's bar/restaurant, but somehow that story got lost within the sea of Klinkenborg's research.

I don't know if this is good news or not, but no one else in my book club liked it very much either. We agreed wholeheartedly with reader Denise Prince, who wrote, "I love Buffalo and I love to read. I hated this book. Kept waiting for it to get interesting, and it never did. I couldn't even finish it" (Buffalo News, January 4, 2005).

No comments:

Post a Comment