Monday, August 14, 2006

bookish memoirs

So, today is kind of a catch-up day at work. As I was cleaning out my work email, specifically the folders for my professional listservs, I starting reading through a huge (and hugely interesting) discussion that occurred last month on the Exlibris listerserv (an electronic news and discussion group for those interested in rare books, manuscripts, special collections, and librarianship in special collections).

It all started with a listserv member asking for summer reading recommendations, specifically for "the best" memoirs of book collectors and dealers. There were lots of good suggestions, so I started compiling a list. Luckily, before my list got too long, I happened to notice that another listserv member had already compiled one.

Here's a link. Take a look if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment