Wednesday, December 01, 2010

advent

For some reason this year I am really feeling the lack of a fancy chocolate advent calendar (Moonstruck did one one year, I didn't get it, but I wanted it pretty badly) or some other way to focus on the fun, happy, and joyous aspects of the holiday season rather than the stressful ones.

Inspired by this post at Mila's Daydreams, I decided I should try to do some kind of advent series on my blog. Because this blog is focused on books and reading, I think I'll feature books and reading-related items that I think would make great holiday gifts (an extra excuse to window shop). This feature may morph a bit as the month progresses, but that's the plan right now.

The first post is coming up shortly...

2 comments:

  1. It's not fancy, but I got a chocolate advent calendar at Trader Joe's this weekend for 99 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only we had Trader Joe's here!
    Next time I venture to Wegmans or the gourmet store I should try to see if they have chocolate advent calendars though I don't remember seeing them other years. My sister and I used to get them when we were kids, but I haven't had one in ages.

    ReplyDelete