Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Buying friends books

Giving gifts is one of my favorite things to do. So I definitely can't pass up an opportunity like Buy a Friend a Book Week. Here's what I've done so far:

For Jessica...

Twilight, the 6th book in Meg Cabot's Mediator series.
She's been trying to get her hands on a copy for quite some time.


For Karina...

Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon. She loves Gabaldon's Outlander series and I'm pretty sure she's never heard of this (tangentially-related) book.


For Russell...

Dangerous Waters: Modern Piracy and Terror on the High Seas by John Burnett. It's on on his wishlist and it's about pirates.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Karen, I am sure your friends will be thrilled with their books! What a nice gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have 3 very lucky friends. Good for them and you, too.

    I was excited to see this other book by Daina Gabaldon because I love the Outlander series, too, although I've only read 2 so far. Going to check this out on amazon right now.

    ReplyDelete