Friday, August 14, 2009

traveling, part 3

As I mentioned earlier in the week, the reason I'm traveling is the Society of American Archivists annual meeting. I went to a couple great sessions this morning, one of which was entitled "Archives After Hours (The Light, Literary, and Lascivious Side of Archives)". It was a decidedly fun session. I'm writing about it because one of the presenters, Arlene Schmuland, talked about sex and sexuality in archives fiction.

I am embarrassed to say that I'd only read one of the books she mentioned in her presentation, The Sixteen Pleasures by Robert Hellenga. I took lots of notes and will report back as I have a chance to read the books in question. I'm particularly amused by the idea of sexy archivists as protagonists in romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment