Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Find #1

Taking a cue from Barney of Barney's Book Blog, I'm going to start blogging on Fridays about a book that I've discovered over the course of the week. The featured books may not be new releases. In many cases they'll just be new-to-me books.

My find for this week is: Knitting and Tea by Jane Gottelier

The KnitPicks catalog I received this week featured a few of the patterns from Knitting and Tea knit up in their yarns.* I hadn't heard of this book, but I was intrigued.

Subtitled "25 Classic Knits and the Teas That Inspired Them," Knitting and Tea is more than just a pattern book. Apparently it's also a travelogue that focuses on the history of tea and it has recipes!

Reviewing this book for About.com, Sarah E. White wrote, "The patterns definitely have the feel of the places (and the teas) that inspired them, so if you're a fan of teatime in the traditional sense and the British imperial aesthetic, you'll enjoy this book and the projects in it" (review). I have to admit, I'm even more intrigued than I was before.

* This is one of the things I love about receiving the catalog. I get to preview some of the patterns and see how they look in different (and usually much less expensive) yarns than they're written for.

1 comment: