Friday, October 03, 2008

A Week of Missed Thursdays (6)

What was the most unusual (for you) book you ever read? Either because the book itself was completely from out in left field somewhere, or was a genre you never read, or was the only book available on a long flight... whatever? What (not counting school textbooks, though literature read for classes counts) was furthest outside your usual comfort zone/familiar territory?
And, did you like it? Did it stretch your boundaries? Did you shut it with a shudder the instant you were done? Did it make you think? Have nightmares? Kick off a new obsession?
(from September 25)

I tend to be pretty open with my reading. While there are certain genres I like more than others, I do read from a wide variety of them. And, while I tend to enjoy fiction more than non-fiction, I do still read non-fiction (though, obviously, less frequently than fiction).

I'm going to cheat a bit (doing eight Booking-though-Thursdays in one week is a bit much) and defer to another blog post as the answer to this question. One January 6, 2007, I posted about a book a read as part of a New-book-for-a-new-year exchange. I think it fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment