Saturday, September 02, 2006

BookMooch

On August 15th I joined a brand new book trading site, BookMooch.com. I'm not a member of any of the other trading sites (PaperbackSwap, TitleTrader, etc.) so I can't compare it to them, but I do have to say that BookMooch is awesome.



Conceived, designed, written and administered by John Buckman, BookMooch is growing quickly. Right now the site has approximately 5,800 members and 45,000 books available for mooching.

BookMooch is based on a points system. Users gain points by listing books (0.10 per book) and by granting mooch requests (1 for domestic, 3 for international). They can use those points to mooch books from other members (1 point for domestic, 2 for international).

The best things about the site:
~ the book selection
~ it encourages international trading
~ it gives back by partnering with a number of different charities

So far I've mooched six books and had three books mooched from me. It's been a great experience.

Check it out and see what you think!

Here's a link to my inventory ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping an eye on bookmooch -- the lack of searching functions is scaring me off a bit, though.

    I am still happy enough at PBS, although if I can list some of these books that PBS won't take -- due to water damage or it being an ARC or something -- I might have to join you guys there. I haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete