Friday, July 28, 2006

International reading challenge

My big reading challenge for the year...
the
5 Books, 5 Countries, 5 Continents Challenge
I'm trying to do 6 continents... and,
When possible, I'm trying not to count books from countries that I normally read...
or authors I've read before
(I know, I'm making it really hard on myself)



So far I've finished Africa and Europe:

Africa
1. Algeria -
The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra
2. Botswana -
When Rain Clouds Gather by Bessie Head
3. Cameroon -
Dog Days by Patrice Nganang (read my Library Journal review here)
4. Egypt -
Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif
5. Senegal -
Ambiguous Adventure by Cheikh Hamidou Kane

Europe
1. Belgium -
Summer in Termuren by Louis Paul Boon
2. Ireland -
My Dream of You by Nuala O’Faolain
3. Italy -
I'll Steal You Away by Niccolò Ammaniti
4. Norway -
In the Wake by Per Petterson (if you scroll down this page you'll see my Library Journal review)
5. Portugal - Blindness by Jose Saramago

No comments:

Post a Comment