Sunday, January 25, 2009

Belated Booking Through Thursday - Inspired

I started trying to answer this question Thursday, but I was feeling decidedly uninspired so I gave up pretty quickly.

Since "Inspiration" is (or should) the theme this week... what is your reading inspired by?

This isn't a particularly simple question to answer because I honestly don't spend much time thinking about what inspires me to read. Reading is simply something that I have always done. I was raised by readers and one of my most vivid early memories has to do with visiting the public library.

That being said, the kind of books that are most appealing to me at this moment are upbeat, light-hearted books, those with happy endings, YA novels, and those set far, far away (either in fantastical worlds or just further afield). I assume that this is because during these dark, dreary winter months, I find comfort in escapism and stories that lift my spirits. So I guess that right now my reading is inspired by a quest for comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment