Monday, September 29, 2008

A Week of Missed Thursdays (2)

Whether you usually read off of your own book pile or from the library shelves NOW, chances are you started off with trips to the library. So... What is your earliest memory of a library? Who took you? Do you have you any funny/odd memories of the library? (from August 21)

I'm not sure of my earliest library memory, but I can relate my most vivid early library memory. In kindergarten we had a field trip to the library to go get our first library cards. Of course I'd been to the library before with my mom, but this was a special trip, an event even. I remember anticipating the trip and being extremely excited about the prospect of my own library card. I don't remember much about the trip itself except getting handed my first library card... card stock with a little metal piece (that had an ID number or something on it) and my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment