Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Gluttony

Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?

Yes, yes, yes, and no. We definitely have a book hoarding problem. Whether accumulated through purchase, trade, or BookCrossing, our book collection has exploded in the last five years to the point where we are actively working on paring it down. We've stopped buying books altogether (except as gifts for others) and are making an effort to get books out of the house. Russell sells on half.com, we put books up to trade via BookMooch, and we are creating piles of book we want to either bring to the local used book store or wild release.

4 comments:

  1. I don't usee Book Crossing but I do Mooch. I think these have brought more books in instead of helping thin my piles out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only problem with giving my books to the half-priced book store is that then I get in-store credits and end up buying more. The cycle is vicious.

    ReplyDelete