Wednesday, May 27, 2009

15 books

A meme that's been doing the rounds on FaceBook this week:
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. (You may have one bonus book if you must.)

Here they are, in alphabetical order:
  1. All we know of love by Katie Schneider
  2. Aloud: Voices from the Nuyorican Poets Cafe
  3. The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera
  4. Encyclopedia of the Dead by Danilo Kis
  5. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
  6. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  7. Immortality by Milan Kundera
  8. Invitation to the Voyage: An Illustrated Poem
  9. Little House on the Prairie (series) by Laura Ingall Wilder
  10. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  11. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  12. PS, I love you by Cecilia Ahern
  13. Serendipity by Stephen Cosgrove
  14. The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa
  15. Wump World by Bill Peet
  16. Zahrah the Windseeker by Nnedi Okorafor-mbachu
I really did try to stick with the first fifteen that popped in my head (I did edit out The Mermaid Chair because my list was a bit too long and I knew that it only came to mind because I'd re-read it recently). Many, if not all, of these books have appeared on the blog at one time or other so I am a bit worried about seeming repetitive. I will counter that feeling by referring to the instructions.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about my Little House books. I loved those and still have one of them.

    ReplyDelete