Thursday, January 02, 2014

remembering what else I read in 2013

My last reading recap post for 2013 was in July (see post) at which point I had read 70 books so far that year. Shortly thereafter the stress of everyday life left me without the will to keep track of my reading (the last book I actively noted down was #71).  I'm doing my best to reconstruct my books-read-in-2013 list (as seen below), but I am certain that I've missed more than a few (particularly library books).  I will come back and edit this post as I remember books I've neglected to add to the list.

Posts on many of the books listed below will be forthcoming in the next weeks.  Any my 2014 blog-related resolution is the same as my (failed) goal for last year:   to post at least something about every book that I read this year, preferably immediately or shortly after I either finish or officially give up on it. Let's hope I'm more successful this year.

Books read August-December 2013 (incomplete)

? Tesla's Attic by Neal Shusterman and Eric Elfman - Netgalley
? The Archived by Victoria Schwab - personal collection (gift)
? The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley - Netgalley
? Phoenix Island by John Dixon- Netgalley
? Defy by Sara B. Larson - Netgalley
? Sleighbells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan (see post) - Netgalley
? Children of Men by P.D. James - BookMooch
? Reality Boy by A.S. King - Netgalley
? How Sweet It Is by Melissa Brayden - Netgalley
? Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger - personal collection (purchased)
? Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger (reread; see post) - personal collection (purchased)
? A Wicked Pursuit by Isabella Bradford - Netgalley
? The Colors of Blue by Lance McCulloch - Netgalley
- Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell (I should never have attempted this on a 7-day "speed read" checkout; of course I didn't manage to finish it within that timeframe) - public library
? The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani - public library
? The Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni - public library
? Little Joe by Michael E. Glasscock III - Netgalley
? Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci - Netgalley
? A Death-Struck Year by Makiia Lucier - Netgalley
? Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - public library
? The Hollow by Jessica Verday - public library
? Sekret by Lindsay Smith - Netgalley
- If Only You People Could Follow Directions by Jessica Hendry Nelson (I found the title of this book particularly appealing, but there was just too much difficulty in this memoir for me to handle given the amount of stress I was under) - Netgalley
? The Hanging Judge by Michael Ponsor - Netgalley
? Allegiant by Veronica Roth (see post)- personal collection (gift)
? Insurgent by Veronica Roth (reread; see post) - personal collection
? The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert - Netgalley
? Divergent by Veronica Roth (reread; see post) - personal collection
? Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (see post)- personal collection (gift)
- One Great Year by Tamara Veitch and Rene DeFazio (I gave up on this book after two valiant efforts, not my cup of tea) - Netgalley
? Delectable by Adrianne Lee (see post) - Netgalley
? Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice - Netgalley
? Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (see post) - public library
? Fundraising the Dead by Sheila Connolly (see post)- personal collection (gift)
- One Thousand and One Nights by Hanan al-Shaykh - public library
(read 100 pages before I had to return it to the library)
? Escaping Reality: The Secret Life of Amy Bensen by Lisa Renee Jones - Netgalley
? The Land of Dreams by Vidar Sundstol - Netgalley
? Louisiana Fever by D.J. Donaldson - review copy from publicist
71. Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves - personal copy (purchased at the Strand)

No comments:

Post a Comment