Saturday, March 02, 2013

February reading recap,
notes from the field, and statistics

Still not doing so well on the post-about-books-as-soon-as-I've-read-them resolution, but c'est la vie
I bought one book for myself this month (Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger) and received two as gifts (Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore and Literary Knits by Nikol Lohr).

Books read in February

17. The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas - public library
16. Lady Gone Bad by Sabine Starr - free ebook
15. Of Love and Shadows by Isabel Allende (post) - bookcrossing book
14. Knitting Through It edited by Lela Nargi (post) - borrowed copy
13. The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde (post) - personal copy
12. A Student of Weather by Elizabeth Hay - bookcrossing book
11. The Perfect Ghost by Linda Barnes (post partially written) - Netgalley
10. Astray by Emma Donoghue (post) - public library

I gave up on
- Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath - public library
reason: only because I'd hit my renewal limit on it.


Notes from the field
or, the not-so-secret travels of BookCrossing books


background: The neatest thing about Bookcrossing is that the site sends you notifications whenever any of the books that you've logged gets a new journal entry. I thought it might be kind of fun to share these on the blog since I always enjoy hearing back from one of my books.
In case it isn't obvious, my posts appear under the name morsecode on the Bookcrossing site.

- This copy of The Swallows of Kabul was sent from Queensland, Australia (where it had been since January 2010) to New South Wales (arriving on February 16).


2013 (so far) in Books 

books finished / abandoned - 17 / 2
- library books - 7 (6 finished, 1 abandoned)
- review copies - 6 (5 finished, 1 abandoned)
- personal copies - 2
- bookcrossing books - 2 
- borrowed copies - 1
- non-review ebooks - 1

books purchased
- for self - 1
- as gifts - 0 (I did give a book this month, but it was purchased last year)

books otherwise acquired
n.b. ebooks don't count here as they don't take up physical space
- as gifts - 2

bookcrossing
- books read - 2
- books wild-released - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment