Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Park Guell

Park Güell: Gaudí's Utopia
by Jose Maria Carandell, Pere Vivas Ortiz (photographer)


Uncharacteristically, I didn't give many books as presents this holiday season. I did pick up this gem for my father, though. When my parents visited Barcelona last year my dad became smitten with Parc Güell (oh the photos he took!).

I decided that Park Güell: Gaudí's Utopia would be a perfect gift for him. It's a nice size (not a coffee table book, but one you can easily hold in your hands), enough (but not too much) text, and the photographs are absolutely gorgeous. It's out of print, but I was able to find a like-new copy for a decent price. (he loved it!)

On a side note - I discovered The Gaudí Key by Esteban Martin and Andreu Carranza while searching for book ideas for my dad. I requested a copy through BookMooch, which arrived recently. I'm sure I'll get around to reading it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment