Wednesday, June 09, 2010

recent reading

I haven't felt motivated to post much on the blog recently because I've been having bad luck with my reading selections. There are lots of books that I've started and not finished. Some I've intentionally given up others are simply languishing partially read in one area of the house or other. Of the books I have finished it seems like I've felt decidedly ambivalent about the majority of them.

Last week I decided that I needed a bit of a pick-me-up so I grabbed my copy of The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde off the shelf. The Eyre Affair is the first book in the Thursday Next series, which is one of my favorites.

With this post I may be speaking too soon, but it does seem like with that reread my reading luck has reversed. I genuinely enjoyed reading my latest Library Journal review assignment, A Novel Bookstore. When I finished that book sooner than expected while out of town and away from my book collection I picked up a copy of Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I'm really enjoying The Host. It's much better than the Twilight books.

No comments:

Post a Comment