Thursday, May 01, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Mayday!

Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do?

That's easy, I'd head over to the bookshop in the terminal and pick out something that looks interesting. Occasionally when traveling I'll misjudge the amount I'll read in the course of a trip and have to pick up another book to make it through the trip home. I've picked up some interesting reads that way. Two that I remember offhand are The Friday Night Knitting Club (see this post) and Mirage by Soheir Khashoggi, which I picked up over a long connection in Philly, I believe.

Now, if I'm in a little dinky airport without terminals let alone bookshops I'd just have to make do with people watching in the airport and the airline magazines (gotta love those crossword puzzles) in the plane at least until my connection at a bigger airport.

3 comments:

  1. I try to catch up on my sleep in a flight!

    Here is my BTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't buy a book in the airport here in Vienna. Daylight robbery!

    I think I would get a magazine though...

    ReplyDelete