Thursday, December 13, 2007

Booking Through Thursday - Catalog

Do you use any of the online book-cataloguing sites, like LibraryThing or Shelfari? Why or why not? (Or... do you have absolutely no idea what I’m talking to?? (grin))
If not an online catalog, do you use any other method to catalog your book collection? Excel spreadsheets, index cards, a notebook, anything?


Yes, I use LibraryThing.



It really is a fun thing to do, "cataloging" your books (especially since you don't actually have to remember your MARC codes to do it). My LT library is definitely still a work in progress. I add new books as they come in, but I haven't been able to get the base collection completely entered yet.

Russell's started entering his books as well. He has his own LT library and gets a huge kick out of being the only person to own a particular book.

4 comments:

  1. When I found Library Thing last year, I went ahead and purchased the life-time subscription. Figured I would use it!! I'm gradually adding my books. But with the amount I have, it could take a while!!

    Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a combination of BookCrossing / Goodreads and a homemade database to track my books. Happy BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh! Stop tempting me!

    I love frobbies like this, but also know myself well enough to know I'd never be able to keep up with it. =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Bookcrossing (of course) and I have my PC on Library Thing.

    I prefer Bookcrossing though because I can see exactly where my book is and what everyone else thought of it ;)

    ReplyDelete