I received books -
- The Complete Works of Shakespeare
- This one hasn't arrived yet, Russell bought it "new and used" from Amazon so we'll see if it's actually the wished-for David Bevington-edited edition when it arrives.
- Fundraising the Dead by Sheila Connolly
- A cozy mystery (and the first in a new series) set in a museum cum research library. The only problem: per the back-cover text the archivist turns up dead.
- The Novel Cure by Susan Elderkin and Ella Berthoud
- The subtitle (From Abandonment to Zestlessness: 751 Books to Cure What Ails You) of this very recent release says it all. This book went straight to the top of my wishlist as soon as I heard about it.
- Perfumes: The A-Z Guide by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez
- A reference book that includes reviews of 1200+ fragrances.
- Sock Yarn Studio by Carol Sulcoski
- Full of diverse non-sock patterns that call for the most collectable of all yarn: sock yarn.
- And two blank books (pictured below)
- The design of the one on the right is a close-up of hand-knit fabric.
I also received some items that were inspired by books -
- Once by Nightwish CD
- Because it has a song entitled "Nemo" (presumably inspired by the character from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) that popped up on one of Russell's Pandora stations and that I appreciated at the time.
- Parade game, designed by Naoki Homma
- An Alice in Wonderland-themed card game with fantastic new art work.
- The Swarm game, designed by Michael Kiesling and Wolfgang Kramer
- A board game based on the novel by Frank Schätzing, which I haven't (yet) read.